In honour of Aaron who thinks I’ve been America bashing, 10 reasons Australia might be better off if it was an American State:
1. We’d have the F22 Raptor…need I say more.
2. All Aboriginal land would have casinos on them
3. We wouldn’t have to wait 6-12 months to catch new television programs
4. TiVo would work here, and I could get a free EPG for my MCE Box
5. We’d actually produce movies that people would want to watch
6. We’d have an Interstate System (imagine the Pacific Highway going in a straight line from Sydney to Brisbane with 6 lanes!)
7. Cenberra would no longer be required.
8. Lower Tax Rates
9. Telstra would have been broken up and sold off in the late 70s, early 80s. As a consquence we’d have cheaper phone, mobile and internet charges
10. We could spell gaol jail.